Monday, January 7, 2013

Slow News

I have been remiss  in writing and I apologize.   The Christmas season just took more of my time than it should have.    On the 10th of December, Doris and I made a trip to the Meals on Wheels office in Cleburne to deliver all the pillowcases we made and packaged.   (Thank you all for working so hard on those!)   The ladies were thrilled and assured us the recipients would be too.
This picture is of Doris and the office staff .  They have since called Doris to tell her how excited everyone was to get a pillowcase delivered with their meals that week.   It is awesome how such a small act of kindness can brighten someone's life.   Thank you God, for giving us this opportunity to serve in Your name!

We have had to cancel the January meeting but will meet again in February on the 9th at the Bryan's home.   Please bring whatever you are working on or if you are wanting to learn something new, let me know that too, so we can be prepared.   I know we are out of quilts at the church.   Doris and I made a delivery to Trinity Missions and used all but one quilt.   We still have about 5 lapghans and some crumb catchers but the supply is low.   If there is any area you can help, please do what you can.

Doris and I are planning to teach a small quilt class, place to be determined.    Let me know if anyone is interested.   Spread the word.   Since we are into the small groups presentations at church this month, let us know if you see/hear someone mentioning they would like to be a part of it.   We also are desperate for people to make calls at the nursing home to visit, not just to deliver.   If you have an idea for getting others involved in the visiting/deliverying aspect, please talk to me.   My daughter's church calls that "putting the skin on the ministry".    Besides creating, we must be involved in meeting the people and letting them know we care.   It's what we all need!

See you all soon!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment