Monday, July 23, 2012

July 14th

What a great turn out we had this month!  PTL and thank you to all who came.  Because I did not have my thinking cap on (actually I was lured into the excitement of the ladies learning to knit) I forgot to take any pictures.
Speaking of the knitting, Nancy brought packets of yarn, needles and instructions for anyone wanting to learn.  Brenda brought a coworker with her, Sam, and they both jumped right into the knitting.  Also joining them was Anna Keen.  The concentration on their faces was priceless (yep, I am kicking myself for no pics) but they all perservered and learned to knit.   They took their goodies home with them to finish and bring back next month.  Oh yes, even I tried to knit and the look on my face made Nancy laugh right out loud.  Here is a picture of my work.
Working on it here at home, I no longer have the required number of stitches on my needles so I stopped.  When I told Nancy, she said just to continue on, it will be ok.   We will see......






Nancy also brought another knitted lapghan, Barbara brought 3 more crocheted lapghans and worked on another while the rest of us sewed or learned to knit.  It was so good to have Doris with us again.   Her neighbor, Deena (who made the adult bibs) came for a few minutes to check us out.   She took home a pattern for the neck pillows and already has 8 of them done.   She has run out of fiberfill though so until we get some donated, she is at a stand still.  What a wonderful contribution to our church - maybe she'll starting attending church too.  Also Judy was there adding binding to one of the quilts I had finished this past month.   We missed Jeanette, Jane and Dana.

I am needing to reschedule next month's meeting to the third Saturday as I will be out of town on the second one.  Surprise, surprise!  I will let you know for sure when the church gets back to me on the availability of the cafe that day.   Hugs



No comments:

Post a Comment