Monday, July 23, 2012

Meeting Date Change

Michelle from the NP office just confirmed that the 18th of August is open for us to meet next month.   Please mark your calendars accordingly.   Hopefully, that won't conflict with any of you.

I woke this morning with an idea for the weighted blankets that Jeanette brought to us to make for special needs kids.  Well, if you remember, I did make two lap quilts but they were not done correctly.  So yesterday at church, Jeanette brought in a weighted blanket for me to see.  Then at the lovely hour of 3am, I had a thought which brought me out to the studio at 6:30am.    I am thrilled to say I completed a blanket, crib size and it went much easier than I had expected.    Here it is.
Of course, it needs to be approved but I went ahead and wrote a little tutorial for it, just in case it's right!
The fabrics are from my stash because the fabrics they gave Jeanette are, well, yucky.   I know these don't match but I just needed to try it first.   I think it is alot like the one she brought me without a carrying strap.   If it is right, I will come up with a tutorial for the smaller lap quilts and share that with you all.
Also, Jeanette is heading up the visitations/deliveries so be sure to let her know if/when you can participate.   Thank you Jeanette!

Also, watch the yard sales for fiberfill!  And if you find yourself with a little extra time and would like to sew some binding and labels on some quilts or bibs, let me know.  I make deliveries!   LOL
Please keep Doris and her family in your prayers.   They are facing some tough stuff right now.  Peggy, I hope you are doing better too and would love to see you next month at the meeting.

Have a wonderful week everyone and know that you are an important part of this group and it's ministry.


No comments:

Post a Comment